- This event has passed.
Composting 101 5:30-6:30pm
April 4 @ 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm CDT
Join us for Composting 101, presented by Maddie Poling of Sacred Space Gardens. Here are the details:
“Have you ever wanted to start a compost pile at home but didn’t know where to start? There are so many great reasons to start composting, like:
– It reduces the #1 Contributor to Landfills, which is food waste
– It turns yard waste into black gold in the garden
But if you are a gardener or want to have a good way to reuse your food scraps, then composting at home is for absolutely for you.
When you leave my class you will know how to start your own pile at home!
In this course we will cover:
1. The Benefits of Compositing
2. The Basics Needed for your piles health
3. What you can and shouldn’t compost
4. Types of Structures/Bins
5. Turning your pile
6. Using your compost
You will receive handouts to take home, but bring a pen in case you want to take notes!
$10 per person (Cash or Venmo payment)”